评论对象: 文化行者 | 2007/5/25 21:34:55
评论言论:
(15) fish鱼
I have other fish to fry.
我还有别的事要做。
(16) fox狐狸
Don’t trust him ,he is a sly old fox.
不要相信他,他是一个狡猾的家伙。
(17 ) goose鹅
All his geese are swans.
他总是言过其实。
(18) hare野兔
First catch your hare then cook it.
勿谋之过早。
If you run after two hares ,you will catch neither.
脚踏两只船,必定要落空 。
(19) hen母鸡
He suspected that there was a hen on.
他怀疑其中有诈。
(20)horse 马
She can eat like a horse now.
他现在非常能吃。
Who told you he was leaving? I heard it straight from the horse’s mouth.
谁告诉你:“他要走了。”? 我直接听他说的。
(21) lion狮子
Each of us wants the lion’s share.
我们每个人都想要最大份额。
(22) mouse耗子
In public affairs ,he remained a mouse.
在公事上他依然胆小。
(23)monkey猴子
Don’t get your monkey up ,you should be friendly to them.
不要发脾气,你应该对他们友好。
(24) pig猪
He really made a pig of himself at the party.
他在宴会上不顾一切地大吃大喝。
(25) rabbit兔子
I’m just as a rabbit at tennis.
我打网球不在行。
(26) sheep绵羊
She makes sheep’s eyes at the young man.
她和那个小伙子眉目传情。
Separate the sheep from the goats.
区别好人与坏人。
(27) snake蛇
I thought he was a snake in the grass. 我认为他是一个潜伏的敌人。
(28) tiger老虎
They worked like a tiger on the farm.
他们在农场里热火朝天地干活。
(29) wolf狼
I have a wolf in the stomach.
我饿极了。
We must find a way of keeping the wolf from the door .
我们必须找一个免于饥饿的方法。
通过以上的叙述,大家不难看出:在实际的生活交际中对有关动物的单词时,要注意他们所处的语境,巧妙地运用。只有这样,我们在交流中才会少出笑话,少出“洋像”,才能最大限度地避免因单词的理解歧异,给我们的交际带来不必要的麻烦。
总之,我们在学习英语中的某些具有特殊意义的单词时,只有先弄清他们在英语习语(idioms)中的真正意义,深刻理解这些单词的 “弦外之音”,才能使用正确的语言自由地进行交际,绝不能浅尝辄止。只有常读,活记,才能活学、活用。如果我们在交际中能准确、恰当地使用单词的“言外之意”,那将使我们的谈吐更加幽默、诙谐,妙趣横生。